Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum

Bienvenue sous le Second Empire

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

New Book! "Lettres de la brigade légère"

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> CHAPITRE HISTORIQUE -> LE SECOND EMPIRE -> Les campagnes militaires
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Voltigeur

MessagePosté le: Sam 18 Mai - 11:48 (2013)    Sujet du message: New Book! "Lettres de la brigade légère" Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Coming soon!

"Letters from the Light Brigade"

A collection of over 200 letters from officers and men of the British Cavalry during the Crimean Campaign.

Pen & Sword Books, 2013.

From a Trumpeter, 8th Hussars:
"I write this to you in haste to inform you that I have escaped unhurt up to the 25th of October. Oh, what a sight it was to see our cavalry charging at their cavalry, and coming into contact with each other; men were falling on both sides. It was worse for us, for our light cavalry had to charge their cavalry between two batteries, and they were firing on us for two miles and a half. As we were coming back, our regiment and the 17th Lancers were attacked by another lot of Russian cavalry, so we had to make the best of our way through them. Their artillery and infantry were firing on us all the time. Our regiment lost 38 men and two officers killed; seventeen men and two officers wounded. Capt. Lockwood is missing, we suppose him to be killed.http://18edelignesecondempire.xooit.fr/images/wysiwyg.html?5#_ftn1It was an awful sight to see our men falling on every side of me, but, thank God, I was spared. I had my horse shot under me, but I was no sooner down than I mounted a Russian’s horse. I had not, however, the pleasure of riding it more than half an hour when one of the Russian lancers ran his lance through the horse’s body. Then I was left without any, so I had to run for my life, which I did for three miles until I came to the French cavalry, where I remained until our regiment came back. You may guess I had a very narrow escape." 

pacofeanor
Modérateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 3 Sep - 08:50 (2013)    Sujet du message: New Book! "Lettres de la brigade légère" Répondre en citant

Magnificent letter for sure !

I'm waiting for this new book!
best regards
paco
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 23:52 (2016)    Sujet du message: New Book! "Lettres de la brigade légère"

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> CHAPITRE HISTORIQUE -> LE SECOND EMPIRE -> Les campagnes militaires Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation