Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum

Bienvenue sous le Second Empire

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Colonel Suzzoni 1870

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> CHAPITRE HISTORIQUE -> LE SECOND EMPIRE -> Photos et illustrations
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Zouave

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Aoû - 20:25 (2012)    Sujet du message: Colonel Suzzoni 1870 Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
At the Battle of Wörth/Froeschwiller, the 2nd Algerian Tirailleurs (Tirailleurs Algeriens) suffered 93% casualties!

The Bavarians were expressing frustration in their own brutal way at the stiff resistance of Colonel Pierre Suzzoni's 2nd Algerian Tirailleurs. Holding the wooden salient below Froeschwiller against the best efforts of two German Corps, the Algerians simply would not yield. "We will all die here, if need be", Suzzoni had told his men in the morning, and most of them did. With 2,900 troops in the morning, the Algerians were reduced to a rump of 250 by the afternoon, enclosed, as one tirailleur put it, "in a circle of iron and fire." Suzzoni himself was killed by a shell splinter at 2:30 in the afternoon as were most of his officers. (The Franco-Prussian War - The German conquest of France in 1870-1871 by Geoffrey Wawro, page 131)

I found this photo of Colonel Suzzoni: http://www.musee-infanterie.com/objet/1098-photographie-du-colonel-suzzoni-…

However, I'm looking for a better quality image of him.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 17:24 (2016)    Sujet du message: Colonel Suzzoni 1870

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> CHAPITRE HISTORIQUE -> LE SECOND EMPIRE -> Photos et illustrations Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation