Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum

Bienvenue sous le Second Empire

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

New Books

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> CHAPITRE HISTORIQUE -> LE SECOND EMPIRE -> Les campagnes militaires
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Voltigeur

MessagePosté le: Dim 26 Fév - 17:50 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello everyone

I am starting writing a series of books on the French army in the Crimean War. They are going to be in a similar format to the well-known Osprey books.

Book 1: Infantry
Book 2: African Troops
Book 3: Imperial Guard
Book 4: Cavalry & Artillery

To this end if anyone would like to help, feel free!

Also: I am really struggling to  find cartes de visites or photographs from the period 1855-1860 and also line drawings of the uniform and equipment. Could anyone please help? Furthermore, if anyone has photographs of them reenacting and of their unifomrms that would be fantastic!

Anthony
pacofeanor
Modérateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 26 Fév - 21:12 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

I am very interrested by your project, just ask what you need !

for reenacting photos, i hope that we will be ready for september or end of the year! It would be very practicle to come in France ! you are welcome! if you need any translation or anything .......

regards
paco
Andfon2
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 27 Fév - 12:43 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

Yes, ask anything you need !
What do you call line drawings ? The JMO tables ?
For the chasseur à pied uniform my pictures would work (and I have collected pictures all over the internet for a few years now so...).
Voltigeur

MessagePosté le: Lun 27 Fév - 23:09 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

Dear Paco and Andre
Thanks for  your replies. At the moment I am looking for the JMO tables and patterns for the Uniforms and equipment. For my first book I also would like photographs of Chasseurs a Pied as I do not have any! and also infantry soldats and sous officiers. Andre - photos of you in Chasseur uniform would be great :-)
I am also going to make a website of all my Second Empire Cartes de Visite and I am also thinking of writing a book "NApoleon III's army in contemporary photographs". What do you think?
Anthony
pacofeanor
Modérateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Fév - 09:16 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

The period you are looking for is only second empire or are you interrested by Louis Phillipe army too ?

regards
paco
Andfon2
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Fév - 10:40 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

That all sounds great !
For photographs of chasseurs à pied see recent posts on this forum - early ones are very rare...
And what about your reenactment group? How is that advancing?
Did you hear anything about James Deering recently? He is not answering e-mails.
Voltigeur

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Fév - 12:17 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

Paco, Im just looking at Second Empire for the time being!
Andre, yes I know photos of Chasseurs a Pied are very rare indeed. I am having to use plates by Lalaisse to make good the lack of photos, which rather spols the flow of things as all the other illustrations are photos! Ive not heard anything from James Deering in a long time.
My group.....still  researching how to make a second empire habit; tracking down the correct shade of yellow cloth is still proving really hard. Ive had three people show interest but none of them have "stuck".So its myself and other half. doing it which is sad and also ironic as Ive got "Open invitations" to go along with Redcoat units to regimetnal museums in the UK for their Alma or Inkerman Day celebrations!
Anthony
Andfon2
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Fév - 12:33 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

You are still welcome to join us too !
pacofeanor
Modérateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Fév - 15:16 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

Voltigeur a écrit:
Paco, Im just looking at Second Empire for the time being!
Andre, yes I know photos of Chasseurs a Pied are very rare indeed. I am having to use plates by Lalaisse to make good the lack of photos, which rather spols the flow of things as all the other illustrations are photos! Ive not heard anything from James Deering in a long time.
My group.....still  researching how to make a second empire habit; tracking down the correct shade of yellow cloth is still proving really hard. Ive had three people show interest but none of them have "stuck".So its myself and other half. doing it which is sad and also ironic as Ive got "Open invitations" to go along with Redcoat units to regimetnal museums in the UK for their Alma or Inkerman Day celebrations!
Anthony

try the 18° line infantry !!!!! we've got all materials for you !
Twisted Evil
regards
paco
Andfon2
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Fév - 15:24 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

It is true - apart from the garance (easy to buy from Hainsworth) we have a stock of materials sufficient to make 2 more uniforms !
Voltigeur

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Fév - 16:01 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

I think the problem I have is just getting the interest in the UK. Hopefully three of us (officier, voltigeur, cantiniere) will be able to take to the field this year to do living history. There are many 1st Empire and American Revolution French groups so I think its just patience.....the "easy bit" is making the uniform. The "hard bit" is getting recruits
pacofeanor
Modérateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Fév - 18:06 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

Do you realise the "grande tenue" or a campaign dress ? or both ?
do you have photos of gears ? it would be very interresting to see it !

regards
paco
Voltigeur

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Fév - 20:00 (2012)    Sujet du message: New Books Répondre en citant

We will be doing the campaign attires: shako with cover, capote with yellow collar and epaulettes, blue trousers tucked into white gaiters. cross belts, giberne with cover, marmite and bidon. The group I have belonged to since I was born does Imperial Guard so I have stitched cross belts: just need to find sabres. I am making for myself a habit, caban and capote to depict an officer on campaign.
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 10:30 (2016)    Sujet du message: New Books

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> CHAPITRE HISTORIQUE -> LE SECOND EMPIRE -> Les campagnes militaires Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation