Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum

Bienvenue sous le Second Empire

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

My Thesis- French army in Crimea seen by the British

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> CHAPITRE HISTORIQUE -> LE SECOND EMPIRE -> Les campagnes militaires
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Voltigeur

MessagePosté le: Ven 3 Fév - 01:35 (2012)    Sujet du message: My Thesis- French army in Crimea seen by the British Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Just a quick update

My thesis examining the French army in the Crimean War and what the British thought of it is  now finished! Very Happy

Now to start on my Doctoral Thesis which will examine the French Army 1852-1862 and the effect it had on British Army Reforms. Now I need to become an expert on Italy as well as the Crimea!!!

Antoine
Andfon2
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 3 Fév - 11:01 (2012)    Sujet du message: My Thesis- French army in Crimea seen by the British Répondre en citant

Great !

When do we get to read it ?
Voltigeur

MessagePosté le: Ven 3 Fév - 13:28 (2012)    Sujet du message: My Thesis- French army in Crimea seen by the British Répondre en citant

In September....but I am publishing chapters which have not made the edit in the Journal of the Society of Army Historical Research and I am also setting up my own blog site  to publish some pieces of my research!

I have concluded that the Bitish Army thought the French army was considerably better than it other than in fighting ability and in the Medical Services being subserviant to the Intendance....that interpretation is wrong, however, becuase the Intendance was a complete and utter failure. It took centralisation one step too far and was run by petty bureaucrats looking to save money and not to the welfare of the army. But because the British press and Army praised the Intendance - and letters home from the War sent by British and French soldiers said the French Intendance was better than the British Commissariat - the French believed their system to be superior and unlike the British who reformed their army, they did not and went into the next war (1859) with great complacency...
Andfon2
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 1 Juin - 18:12 (2012)    Sujet du message: My Thesis- French army in Crimea seen by the British Répondre en citant

Hi Anthony,

Any chance to read your thesis now ?
By the way could you make a list of your publications - the ones relevant to this forum?

Thanks
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 09:53 (2016)    Sujet du message: My Thesis- French army in Crimea seen by the British

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> CHAPITRE HISTORIQUE -> LE SECOND EMPIRE -> Les campagnes militaires Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation