Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum

Bienvenue sous le Second Empire

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> DISCUSSIONS COMME CA... ENTRE NOUS -> NOUVEAUX VENUS, PRESENTEZ-VOUS
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
zouavecampaigner

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Oct - 04:34 (2013)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please. Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello friends! I am in the USA, and we are working on a new organization to recreate infantry of the Second Empire. We are having difficulty finding sutlers or suppliers for uniforms and equipment. Is there anyone who could help us?

I apologize for not speaking French!

Respectfully,
Shaun Grenan

Vive le France!

"The army is the true nobility of our country."
Napoleon III
Visiter le site web du posteur
Louis thury
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Oct - 15:26 (2013)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please. Répondre en citant

hello Shaun , welcome here 
Andfon2
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Oct - 20:51 (2013)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please. Répondre en citant

Hi Shaun.

Depending on how many people you need to outfit, I think your best solution if you need a lot of uniforms would be to contract locally to make cloth of the proper color and weight, based on samples we could provide of Hainsworth ( from Leeds in the UK) cloth. We used the overcoating brick red and denim, but the latter is no longer produced. You could still ask Hainsworth to make cloth for you but it is a minimum of 50 meters...and I am not sure about shipping costs. No problem to order the Brick red from them (it is still available) but again there is the question of shippng costs as this is quite heavy cloth.

Then there is the question of the time period you want to portray:
-Crimea and Italy
- Mexico
- 1870-71

There are differences, sometimes big, in uniform and equipment as well as weaponry.

Tell us more and we will be able to help.

thanks.
zouavecampaigner

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Oct - 21:06 (2013)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please. Répondre en citant

André,
we are looking to portray 1870-71. We are trying to start with something less difficult to put together, especially as finding Chassepots will be a difficult problem.

We will most likely start with 5 infantrymen. Garde Mobile or Franc Tireurs are options we are considering,  as they would be easier for us to put together.

We all reenact American Civil War and other time periods, so we have much experience in reenacting.

Regards,
Shaun

Napoleon III
Andfon2
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Oct - 21:20 (2013)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please. Répondre en citant

One of our members, Bill Munday, is from Michigan and we already helped him on an 1870 outfit.
I think it would be useful if you contacted him.
Otherwise, the Crimea and Italy uniform is basically the same except for the height of the képi and some other differences.
Weapons migt be easier to find for you as many Belgian copies of the French 1842 musket were imported by US & CS governments and are easily found for a relatively low price.

For instance 
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/6656211/guns-for-sale-pre-1899/pre-1899-other…

But if you own a Springfield 1842 it can also pass as an 1822 musket, although in its transformed version 1822 T bis the dimensions are closer to a Springfield 1861.

Dernière édition par Andfon2 le Lun 21 Oct - 21:56 (2013); édité 1 fois

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Oct - 21:42 (2013)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please. Répondre en citant

I will try to get in touch with Bill. I looked for him on Facebook, but didn't find him.

I messaged Eugene on here, as well, as I know he makes leather equipment for French reenacting.

Thank you for the help and ideas! I will try to get more of our men on this board. We started our own on www.fpwar.org.

Napoleon III
Andfon2
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Oct - 21:54 (2013)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please. Répondre en citant

https://www.facebook.com/bill.munday.1?fref=ts
zouavecampaigner

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Oct - 22:12 (2013)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please. Répondre en citant

Thank you, André! I guess I could also just talk to you on Facebook, as well!

Napoleon III
pacofeanor
Modérateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 25 Oct - 17:25 (2013)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please. Répondre en citant

hello shaun, welcome on board !

The most simple for you should be portrayal a "garde national mobile" as they had a lot of US weaponry, springfield 63 for the most!! uniforme is more simple than line infantry and they fought during all the republican part of the war .

best regards
paco
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 23:52 (2016)    Sujet du message: Greetings! I need help finding kit items, please.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvenue sous le Second Empire Index du Forum -> DISCUSSIONS COMME CA... ENTRE NOUS -> NOUVEAUX VENUS, PRESENTEZ-VOUS Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation